Friday, August 21, 2009

Yesterday I turned 31 and some things in life are just different.

(I started this blog on the 14th and finished it tonight)

Well, I had a birthday yesterday. I was good. I was able to spend the morning with my bride and son. They got me a chickfila biscuit and an ESV study bible. If you read the bible you need the ESV study bible. Then I worked till 5, had preschool orientation then band practice. Got home at about 9:45 from band practice and ate dinner. So the day wasn’t crazy special but it was nice to hear happy birthday from so many friends.

 

It was a different birthday for a couple of different reasons:

1)    this was my 1st birthday with out hearing from my dad. 30  years of hearing “happy birthday baby boy!” I missed that.

2)    This is my last birthday with just one kid. L made me a great card with dinosaurs and rhinos on it. It will be different with a little girl around here. I am excited about her so please don’t hear me saying that I am not excited, life is about to change that’s all I am thinking.

3)    Our band practice went really well. I hope we can duplicate the sound Sunday.

4)    I played basketball last Wed. night like always and wow I felt old. My body hurts a bit more than it used to when I play ball with college guys. 

5)    I will be waking up earlier this semester. I will see the # 6 and early 7 more regularly than ever in my life.

6)    Jumping on a trampoline hurts my head now for some reason.

7)    The first day of preschool was harder on me than my boy.

8)    I thought by now I would like yard work. BUT NO.

9)    I am much more handy than I would have thought I would be at this age.

10) I feel like I love my bride more today than I did when we 1st were married.

11) Parenting is scarier than I thought it would be, I knew it would be hard just didn’t expect the fear.

 

So I am 31 and kind of feel like it will be a great year. 

1 comment:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday A-ron! (sorry this is late..)