Sunday, August 09, 2009

more blogs to come

I started this blog a couple of weeks ago, and i am just now getting it online. so some of it is old. but i am going to post it anyway.

Today was my 1st day back in the saddle. I have been off for the past 2 weeks. They were incredible. I had a blast spending some great time w/ my bride and my boy. It was so much fun. There are a handful of things I thought I would share with the blog world.

To start; my boy got his first set of golf clubs. Our first night in St. Simons Eli told L “you can have my red golf clubs. I am too big for them.” That kind gesture might have changed our world forever. We hit balls in our yard for at least 30 minutes a day. It’s really cool that we have tons of land for him to hit. He has a couple more years before he can out hit our yard. We went to the park while in Marietta and he hit a ball 68 yards. Really amazing. I love to watch him swing. I love being his dad.

Next: I want to talk a bit about adoption. Strange jump I know. But our friends down in St. Simons are soon to adopt some kids from Ghana. I am so excited for them. Check out their blog here. Also, my brother and sister in-law are adopting a girl from China. This adoption process will be a while but my heart leaps at the thought of God blessing them with a beautiful Chinese girl. I personally think that adoption is the clearest picture of the Gospel. There will be a moment in time when these Ghanaian kids and Chinese girl will gain all the rights of their new family. This sweet Chinese girl will be a Grace and have every right that comes with that name. A home, a mom and dad, a great big sister, she will be loved, fed, held, dressed, played with, really anything you can imagine that comes with a loving family. At that moment these Ghanaian kids will gain brothers, a house miles from the beach, a trampoline, a dad that will dote over her, these kids Ghanaians will be totally loved. I remember hearing that they were going to adopt, as I imagined seeing them come up the escaladers at the airport I cried. I cried because I love the picture of Jesus rescuing me. I can’t wait to see my niece and these Ghanaian kids!

Fear is next in line: watching L play with the Fritchy boys freaked me out. Watching him try and keep up with an almost 7 year old and 8 year old boy is frightening. L really is growing up and I am learning daily that he is not my kid but God’s kid.

Next up: Fight Club 09 http://www.fightclub09.com/ I helped lead the music for this and it was a great time. It’s was a packed house and fun. 350 men making much of Jesus good times.

No comments: