Friday, October 24, 2008

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas,

Well it is obviously not Christmas yet and if your like me you don’t know what your getting anyone for Christmas or even what your doing for any of the upcoming holidays.

But the one thing that I have started to think about is Christmas music. I play music, and soon I will be playing Christmas music. I often buy Christmas music to see if there is anything we can do at church. Well, so far I have two new Christmas records.

The first one was Shane and Shane’s new Record. This displays like everyone of their records, a SICK ability to harmonize and do different things on the guitar. The record is much more broken down/less produced than most of their albums. One of my favs is the like in one of their songs “He was born to die”. What a line in a song. The thought that from day one God watched his son on earth knowing he was born to die. Ugh. What a humbling thought. They rock O holy Night, Shane E is pretty UNGODLY on that one. (it is great even though it starts out like John Mayer’s ‘No Such Thing’) this is a really good record that I totally recommend getting.

The other new record I have purchased is Red Mountains: Silent Night. I have talked about this to you 4 readers before but now that I have it I figured I would share one last time. This is probably one of my favorite Christmas records period. I am not just saying that because these guys are my friends (BTM and Clint if your read this, I am not writing this to stroke your egos). The first thing that needs to be stated is that they really do have the best vocalist singing for them. Her name is Ashley Spurling. She doesn’t stand out to be anything crazy spectacular but she is. (her voice does the lyrics she sings perfect justice) She is flawless when she sings. What a gift. The record is full of songs we all know and love combined with great musicianship. To me this record is one that you want to put on while your or your family puts up your Christmas decorations and drink hot chocolate. (I will probably not drink hot chocolate this year, I am a hot tea man, Glover Park by tea traditions is my favorite. Annie the tea I drink and the teapot I use was from your moms place) My favorite song is probably 'Come thou Long expected Jesus'. So order this sucker soon.

As you get ready for the Christmas season, my hope is that your Christmas would be about the one that was “born to die’ to bring “joy to the world.”

So, Merry Christmas, in October.

5 comments:

Clint Wells said...

consider my ego stroked.

thanks, aaron.

Springer and Laura Susan said...

Is the Red Mountain CD on iTunes? I can't find it.

Thanks!

Springer and Laura Susan said...

So my Red Mountain CD came in the mail yesterday.
Listened to it.
Loved it.
At first I was a little disappointed at how little harmony was sung, but then I realized they did it just for me so I could sing harmony with the vocalist's ridiculously amazing voice while driving around town! :)
Thanks guys!

crn said...

The Red Mountain cd is awesome! But... I'm just saying... "Snowed In" by Hanson has some great stuff on it that you should check out... ;)

Ryan Kennedy said...

While it may be beginning to LOOK like Christmas, I will still, inevitably, have to hunt for the feeling.

Go stay with Carrie.