Friday, April 04, 2008

things make me cry


one thing my lady thinks is really funny is that fact that i consider myself a crier. i feel like i cry very easily. most things i cry about have to do with things concerning my boy. see i really want to be a great dad. i want live out the gospel to him. i want him to know that i hope for him to know Jesus more than i hope for his purity, sobriety, or for him to like me. i know i have no control over that but i want to be old and look at my son and know that i did my best to live out the gospel to him. and all i am saying there is that i want to love him regardless of who he becomes and be ok with the process. this all came to my mind tonight because i read a blog that had the tribute page from a new book by bob kauflin. its says:

"to my grandsons (then states their names)
may you be among those who lead your generation to encounter the greatness of God in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit."
Psalm 71:18
and that says
"So even to old age and gray hairs,
O God, do not forsake me,
until I proclaim your might to another generation,
your power to all those to come.

i read that and thought (kind of cried), that’s it. i pray that my boy will lead his generation to encounter the greatness of God in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit.
that is my new prayer for him. what a task. only by Gods strength, power and work can i live a life that reflects Jesus and only through the same power can L lead his generation to encounter the greatness of God.

below is a picture of the tribute page of Bob's book.

No comments: