Sunday, September 16, 2007

It’s been a long day.

So, this morning I got to the church at 8am. I know that’s not crazy early for some you guys, I am just saying that’s when my day started. Sound check started at 8:30 a.m and ended at 9:23 a.m. Prayer started at 9:30 and we started the prelude at 9:57 a.m. Churched ended at 11:45 a.m. which is late for us. I helped take down for 30 min and had to leave. Left church 12:15 p.m. I came home and fixed me a PB&J and left for Marietta 12:30 p.m. I arrived in Marietta at 2:10 and had a fast lunch with Jesse at MPC. And then I went to Keith’s installation/ordination at 3 p.m.

Keith part.
For those of yall that don't know, Keith has been a friend of mine sine 1997. We were college roommates and later became partners in ministry. I have written about many of my friends that have touched my life and I have kind of not done keith on purpose. Primarily because I knew how hard it would be to do.

Keith wasn’t just like the brother I never had, he was my brother. We did everything together. We would be on campus and one would see the other and we would yell “hey buddy” and the other one would yell back “hey buddo”. We were attached at the hip. We also found out that we both had a calling to full-time ministry, which united our friendship even more. We were brothers and at times we found ourselves fighting like brothers.

Tonight I want to say congrats to my friend. You have worked hard and I could not be more proud of you, my friend. We worked really hard at defending what we thought was right for the youth we worked with. We have been in many wars and I was very proud to fight them with you. I have missed the last year and half with you and I know it was stressful on you when I left. I am so glad you have finished seminary and have now jumped through your final hoops. Please know how proud I am of you and how honored I was to sit there today and watch you be knighted (that’s what it looked like when everyone prayed for you). I told Jesse “if his dad pulls out a sword it will be freaking awesome."
Anyway I am very proud.
End of Keith Part.

I left FPC at 4:20p.m. I had the absolutely worst hamstring cramp ever b4 I left. I almost fell on Anne gro when I hugged her because of the pain. I drove back home and arrived at home at 5:35 p.m. Saw my bride and my kind of sick boy. Got the dessert and left for community group at 5:55 pm. I left community group at 8:17 and now I am here writing. Its been a long day but a good one.

Final thought of the day:
I love my church, I love my old friends, I love my new friends and I am seeing more every day my deep deep need for Jesus.

Night.

3 comments:

jimpharr. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jimpharr. said...

i deleted that post... it was little homosexual. not as bad as "your body is a wonderland" when you left FPC, but close. anyways, get some sleep, you'll need it.

Aaron said...

talking about you gazing into my eyes you think thats worse that "your body is a wonderland"?
sorry i missed you last night. i had to be back here.