Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Embracing accusation

I feel like every believer if they are honest feels less than perfect all the time. I think we feel like we are such failures. we hear that from other people and we tell ourselves that. I love this new song from Shane and Shane.
I will post the song as well so you can hear it.
thank God for other people that struggle like I do. And thank God that the enemy is right I can't do it but what the law could not do God did in Jesus.
Click here to listen.

Embracing accusation


Father of lies, coming to steal kill and destroy
All my hopes of being good enough
I hear him saying, “cursed are the ones who can’t abide”

He’s right, hallelujah, he’s right
The devil is preaching the song of the redeemed
That I am cursed and gone astray
I cannot gain salvation
Embracing accusation

Could the father of lies be telling the truth of
God to me tonight?
That if the penalty of sin is death, then death is mine
I hear him saying, “cursed are the ones who can’t abide”

The devil’s singing over me an age old song
That I am cursed and gone astray
Singing the first verse so conveniently over me
He’s forgotten the refrain.
JESUS SAVES!!!

4 comments:

ashley said...

it was so good hanging with you guys last night! nothing better than tasty food and good friends.

Annie said...

Just when you think Shane and Shane may have peaked, BOOM. HEAD SHOT. They rule. I love "Holiday". I find myself singing it all day.

Aaron said...

ashley: good food and good friends always makes for a great night.

annie: i like holiday but its not my fav. but i do find myself singing it the more than any other song. my fav is vision of you and embracing accusation. the cd doesn't do shane E justice. we he says Jesus Come towards the end, live its SICK i mean SICK.
you sadly missed that show.

David Wilhite said...

yeah man. good song indeed. I'm really digging this album