Saturday, June 02, 2007

Here are a couple of things on my mind

Questions:
Why do people feel the right to ask people questions that really could and probably are issues in someone’s life? Today in Chic-Fil-A I heard a lady at the desk ask a customer “so when are you going to get married?” the lady being asked look early 30’s and it was obvious that she was kind of saddened by the question. She responded “nope, still waiting”. Is marriage the best question to ask there? Don’t most women want to be married?(I know that is a generalization but most women I have known all wanted to be married, eventually at least) Is marriage the goal? I mean if the person says yes do we then want to talk to them? If the person just says no what then? “just stop wanting to talk to them?" Do you tell them if the stop wanting to be married and God will send you your man. You need to want God more than a Husband or a Baby. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. Yes I think God needs to be the ultimate in every part of our lives BUT by saying you need to want God more, is saying that God’s blessings/gifts/grace is based on your obedience. Show me that in the Gospel.

The other question that kills me is “when are you going to have kids”. If you get that one you have already passed the 1st test of life(marriage) and are now on to phase 2, kids. I have 3 close friends who have struggled very hard with infertility. The women have had to suffer through good women saying things that hurt their tender hearts. Things like “if you wanted God more than a baby”, “just stop all the meds and you will get pregnant”, and really the list could go on. I love my son. And I in no way deserve to have him in my life. I didn’t pray harder than our friends, nor did I do greater deeds for Christ to earn my bride or my son. I just say all that to say that I think people should think about what they say and really try and see where the person is in life and unless you are close enough where they would tell you that they can’t get pregnant, don’t ask. If someone isn’t married, don’t make it worse by reminding him or her.

Mackie:
I acquired a firewire recording device made by Mackie. I say that to let you know that by the end of t he summer I plan to have some recording up on Myspace and maybe on here.

Rain:
I am very thankful for the rain. My yard desperately needed it!

Money:
Wouldn’t it be nice if we all just had a lot of it?

Lyrics:
We are singing and can it be and every time I sing it I get clod chills/goose bumps, whatever you call it. Read these lyrics:
He left His Father’s throne above,
So free, so infinite His grace!
Emptied Himself of all but love,
And bled for Adam’s helpless race.
’Tis mercy all, immense and free,
For O my God, it found out me!

WOW, what a song!

That’s all I got. Sorry for the soap box early in this post. This is my boy staning by his car. I doctored the picture up a bit, obviously.

3 comments:

Annie said...

1) The picture looks very good.

2) I get the marriage question ALL THE TIME. It's a real pleasure- as if I'm in total control of the situation. "Oh, you're right...I am 26 and should probably be married... whoopsie me. Well, I'll get right on that. Ask again tomorrow and I"ll have that resolved."

Though I think it would be MUCH more painful to be unable to have kids, so I'll just stick with issue #1 for now, thanks.

I start Mac lessons at the Apple store on Tuesday. I'm so pumped. I'll email you anything cool I learn.

Aaron said...

Annie: sorry you get that question. just know your identidty is not wrapped up in you relationship status. its wrapped up in your 401k. ok thats a lie
please let me know if you learn anything cool about your mac.

jimpharr. said...

preach.