Thursday, May 24, 2007

Waters (I will call her E):

So I met this girl at good ole YHC my freshmen year of college. She was an older woman and I will say she is still pretty old. (ok that was something I always told her, that she was older than me). Anyway, we pretty much hit off quickly. We were friends because we had so much in common. We would hang out from 10 pm till 2 and 3 in the morning talking about life and trying to figure out how to get through this life.
E was the 1st girl that was really just a friend.
I have a million memories with E.
-One night she won a party at Swingers (a swing dancing club in buckhead) and Adam and I went, OH what a funny night.
-The time that she changed roommates in the middle of the semester. She was in a town house and went to a small dorm room(so she had TONS OF CRAP). E, myself, and John moved all her crap out of there in 30 minutes. It was so stealth she was leaving some psycho roommates.
-We also went to concerts together and laughed way to hard.
-I broke one of her best friends heart and she will never let me forget the outrageous phone bill that he parents had to pay for her. FYI I did handle the break up poorly.
-She had 20 pairs of jeans in her closet her sophomore year of college. She also had clothes with tags on them.
-I went to some bar with her and 3 random guys from Tenn. Or somewhere because she was afraid they were pretty sketchy.
-One night E was on top of Brasstown Bald with her sorority and at 3 am called me freaking out because she had pulled one of her friends car up on a curve and screwed up the oil pan or something.

I have plenty of great memories with E but some things stand out more than others. There is only one thing I will go into detail about.
She loved me. Not romantically she loved me as her deep intimate friend. I could tell her everything and she could do the same. We often probably told the other stuff we didn’t want to hear at times but we were a safe place for each other. E taught me how to be a friend. How to love and be loved with all of my false.

We don’t talk enough and ya know I am not even sure if we a picture of the 2 of us together. But E will always hold a special place in my heart.
She is married to a very nice guy that is a great musician check him out here.

I will be trying to share about folks who have changed my life. Maybe one a week.
Hope this is interesting, not because you care about my friends but because it will remind you of your great friends and memories.

No comments: