Wednesday, May 16, 2007

before the sun set tonight

So tonight I was coming home from student stuff b4 the sun set tonight. I had a frustrating phone call on the way home and it was my fault because I had different expectations as to what that conversation should look like. I think that’s the story or my life. Expectations that are not met by people and I honestly don’t fault the people for that in every situation.

Have you ever met people and thought to yourself we are going to be great friends? Or have you called someone thinking you would have a meaningful conversation and they didn’t really want to talk to you? What about when you try to do something with a group and you think its going to be a better quality than the cast of FRIENDS could have ever dreamed of?

I think I always see a situation and think to myself that the best possible scenario will happen and ya know it just isn’t always true. What are we supposed to do with that? I mean I know that the truth is that I can’t find my identity in what people think of me or how good I am at things. But it sucks to not get what you want.

I just thought I would vent my drive home.

It was nice to come home to Rosie that greeted me at the door, and then my bride came down the stairs from putting our sweet boy down. I have a great life; I am working on changing my expectations when it comes to different situations and people.

I have no clue if this will click or make sense to any of you.

2 comments:

Frank McKinley said...

I resonate with the reality that things don't always turn out like you plan them...

jimpharr. said...

i think expectations are good, because nothing feels better than when something meets them, but they do get in the way a little sometimes...