Sunday, February 18, 2007

The bluegrass comes out

So I will say I am not much of a blue grass music listener, but today that style of music just came out. I guess I wasn’t really exposed to bluegrass music really. Neithr of my parents listened to it and I don’t remember any friends liking it. But today when we broke out “How Firm A Foundation” it just came out. I am not claiming to be a bluegrass player nor am I saying that a bluegrass person would even claim me to be any kind of bluegrass musician. We did the version done by my friend Mark you can buy one of his Cd’s but I would have to hook you up with him, because they are not for sale on line yet. Yeah that was random, but it was nuts for me to see the bluegrass start to come out.

This weekend was a bit of a whirlwind. We made our annual trek to b-ham to see one of our favorite people in the World Katie Gro. It is always fun to go to see her in Step sing. It was great food and good times. Levi had a bit of a melt down Friday and dinner with Mark and Kris, But over all he was incredible. I write about this because I wanted to say how awesome it is for me to see Gro mature into a woman. She is very compassionate towards people and full of passion for the Gospel. She wont ever read this I know that because she barley even checks her flipping email. I just wanted to say I was proud of her.
This Picture is from just b4 Christmas of Gro and Levi.


Oh and for those folks that love Radiohead we listened to one of their songs to intro our bible study. The song was, Fitter Happier. Here are the Lyrics see if it makes you think about our lives.

Fitter, happier, more productive, comfortable,not drinking too much,
regular exercise at the gym
(3 days a week),getting on better with your associate employee contemporaries,
at ease,eating well (no more microwave dinners and saturated fats),
a patient better driver,a safer car(baby smiling in back seat), sleeping well
(no bad dreams), no paranoia, careful to all animals (never washing spiders down the plughole), keep in contact with old friends(enjoy a drink now and then),
will frequently check credit at (moral) bank (hole in the wall), favors for favors,
fond but not in love, charity standing orders, on Sundays ring road supermarket
(no killing moths or putting boiling water on the ants),car wash
(also on Sundays),no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
nothing so ridiculously teenage and desperate,nothing so childish - at a better pace,
slower and more calculated,no chance of escape,
now self-employed, concerned (but powerless),
an empowered and informed member of society(pragmatism not idealism),
will not cry in public,less chance of illness,tires that grip in the wet
(shot of baby strapped in back seat), a good memory,
still cries at a good film, still kisses with saliva,
no longer empty and frantic like a cat tied to a stick,that's driven into frozen winter shit, (the ability to laugh at weakness),
calm,fitter,
healthier and more productive
a pig in a cage on antibiotics.

6 comments:

Laura Susan said...

Hey Aaron... I'm glad y'all had a fun time in B-ham. I know how Camille LOVES some StepSing! Did you see my family?? My mom, dad, and brother were there on Saturday night!

Jason G. said...

Dude, I'm not much on bluegrass either, but get Yonder Mountain String Band's album - Yonder Mountain String on itunes asap. It is incredible. Good from start to finish. It was one of the best albums I got in the last year.

jw said...

I was in Monterrey this past weekend but my prayers were with you that Gro stepped up her restaurant decisions. You didn't eat at a roadside cafe/gas station/convenience store again did you?

Aaron said...

LSD-we were only there for Friday night, so not Darnell fam was seen.

Jason-I will check it out this afternoon.

J Web-Did you bring me back tacos? no seriously i MISS THOSE TACOS. Amanda and i were talking the other day that it would be fun to fly down just to eat tose tacos!! This weekend Camille picked everywhere we ate. We ate at Davenports pizza, Tavern at the Summit, and Mac Grill.

jw said...

aaron - i am jealous of all of those places as I think I had possum last year. I cannot deny that I feel like the tacos might trump all the places you ate. Don't get me wrong I would love to have pizza from Davenport's right now. If I could bring those tacos back I would have. I think we ate there three times and it wasn't enough.

Aaron said...

J Web- my last pre trip we had 4 meals to eat in Mexico. 3 were at the Taco Stand and 1 at the hotel for breakfast. I love that place.