Friday, January 19, 2007

The fire inside:


The fire inside:

I really think its something we often over look in people, the fire inside. Ya know it’s that extra something. I used to call it “the want to” and the my high school girl friend would correct me and say “no you mean desire”. I still think it’s the “want to” or tonight I will call it “the fire inside.” People who do great things have this fire inside of them to do something great and everyone who contacts this persons knows they have that fire.

I think I am someone who as the fire most of the time but falls prey to the culture and just want to live by my own strength.

Tonight at band practice we played the song “Blessed Assurance”. That songs holds many memories for me growing up at Chestnut Mountain Presbyterian Church. But tonight we played it and I must say I loved singing it tonight. See I get it that I suck as a person, I get the fact that I make people mad, I get the fact that I am not the poster child for Christ followers, but I also get the fact that I can change, and that Christ is changing me. And this song is so encouraging to me:

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Chorus
This is my story, this is my song,

 Praising my Savior, all the day long;

This is my story, this is my song,

Praising my Savior, all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,

Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;

Angels descending bring from above

Echoes of mercy, whispers of love

Perfect submission, all is at rest

I in my Savior am happy and blest,

Watching and waiting, looking above,

Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

I just love the Chorus, because this is my story, Jesus paid my debt and thanks to him I am declared righteous. WOW that’s awesome. So the fire inside me comes from the knowledge of what Jesus has done for me.
It was a nice night.
Also while talking about fire, we love building fires at night. Levi love to look and marvel at them, Camille loves to be warmed by them and i love to create something they both love.

No comments: