Tuesday, December 19, 2006

ramble of the day


1) I found my first Watkinsville restaurant that I think I will become a regular at. It is named after my friend Katie. It is called “the big easy”
2) I am excited about our Christmas services.
3) Carrie Kennedy is Levi’s sugar momma, and he loves it.
4) I kinda want a wii. I know some of you think I am a loone but it would be great when we have folks and students over.
5) I need to cut my yard, I have delayed this for months. Some weeds grow year round.
6) Ian has a man crush on Bill. Not really but man he loves that guy.
7) Our tree is very pretty this year.
8) Camille and Gro’s cookies were the best I have tasted in their 5-year tradition.
9) We miss Gro and hope she will move to Athens/Watkinsville when school is over.
10) I wish I took more time to learn more about taking great pictures.
11) Ear molds for me soon
12) I love guitars. I think I have a problem…I just want more. Mark S. just got a new Martin and I feel like hmmm maybe I want a Martin.
13) I am so glad Camille doesn’t want house to be lit up like the National Lampoons Christmas Vacation house. I am just not into having a lighted house. No offense to those who have gone all out, its just not me.
14) I never knew that there was such a thing as un-cut videos. I have never seen one but VH1 did a special on them. Again it shows me how deeply depraved we are.
15) Santa….not doing it. Don’t hate.
16) The Sammy Carmike Trio look out for these guys, they crack me up. much love to Jimbo.
17) I can’t make myself go see the Nativity. Just can’t do it.
18) How is Micheal Bolten still around, I just saw a commercial of him having a new cd…strange, good thing he cut the hair!
19) How/Why in the flippin world did New York get a reality show? D. hunt knows what I am talking about.
20) I love my job, and there is one big reason, we are all going the same direction, that is making Jesus known.

9 comments:

Jason G. said...

I hear you on the nativity story movie. I can never bring myself to go see movies like that. I did see the passion though, but just barely. I don't really know why I have no desire and even a pronounced disinclination towards seeing movies like this, but I've got it. Also, the "Passion House" that a local church set up in a rented building accross the street from the theater in my old neighborhood as well as the promise of free coffee, snacks and discussions afterwards really bothered me. As soon as we got out of the move, all these people with bright yellow shirts on stating the name of their church and then "Passion House" in really hip graphics were waiting as soon as you came out of the theater asking "Did you like the movie?" or "What did you think of the movie?" It was surreal. I had so many things I could have said to them as I walked out that I was just speachless because I didn't even know where to begin.

Aaron said...

jason: glad to see you on here.
i really wanted to see that Passion, i think because i like Anti-Semitic people like Mel Gibson. Ok so thats a lie about liking Anti-Semitic people, but i do usually love his movies, so i knew it would be good.
I am not up for "passion house", "judgment house" or any other type of house a church may want to do. it's just outdated and lame.
There is also someone i know that loved "the nativity" and i kinda don't want to see it because they loved it! sometimes i can be like that.

Jason G. said...

I did think that the Passion was very good. It's just the fact that everyone was jumping on board like it was the second coming that made me not want to see it. Gibsons movies are good. His views on Jews aren't. Apocalypto was good, although probably the most violent non-horror movie that I have ever seen. It told a good story where there was very little frame of reference. Cool Planet of the Apes type thing towards the end too. That's not a spoiler, you should still go see it.
Kristin and I will be coming over to worship with y'all on Christmas eve, we're looking forward to it. If I can hear when I leave the service i'm gonna be hacked.
If you like "God rest ye merry gentlemen", Brother Cane has a good version of it that you can get on iTunes.

Aaron said...

Jason: i look forward to seeing you guys! I hate to disappoint you but we are all acoustic this christmas eve, but we will do our best to make the service make you wish you would move to Athens as open a pub call "gammons" and go to our church. See you Sunday.

jimpharr. said...

yeah! thanks for the shout out bro!!! i'm so excited for christmas.... and we get TWO SERVICES IN ONE DAY! i miss you man.

jw said...

i gotta know the reasons for not seeing the nativity.

Aaron said...

JW: reason, well,there is a person i know that loved it. it happens to be someone i struggle to like, so therefore i can't make myself go see it. I wish i wanted toi see it, i juist can't make myself do it. i have heard from many people it is a great movie. did you see it?

jw said...

It is tough for me to get into the Christmas spirit and this movie did it. The main reason though is I left with a respect for Joseph that I never had before. The Bible covers Joseph by saying that he was a righteous man. Until I actually saw with my eyes what that meant I didn't understand. If Joseph was half the man in real life like they portray him in the movie then I want to study as much as I can about him.

Aaron said...

glad it helped you get ready for Christmas. I really have felt for the past few years that Mary and Joseph are both underrated. Joseph really showed what it means to provide, protect and pursue his wife.
Maybe we should start a new religion centered around Jesus and Joseph. I mean that Catholics have done that with Mary. Maybe we could be come filthy rich by writing books and our own musical cd's. i mean i can see this being big, i mean huge.