Friday, December 22, 2006

all i've gotten and given

So here is a list of my favorite Christmas gifts in no particular order:
Received:
1) Money, I mean that is always a winner. Last year it helped me get my new guitar.
2) One Christmas a bunch of families went in to give me and Keith and gift. It was a CHUNK of money. That was incredibly kind.
3) One year I got a glow in the dark really fast electric train. Very cool. It would go so fast, climb the wall, again very cool.
4) The farthest back Christmas I remember is one of my favorite memories of Christmas. I remember walking into the living room and seeing a “return of t he Jedi” desk and a GI JOE blow up tent. I know there were a few little things on the desk, but I loved the tent and desk.
5) Game Cube. Ok so come of you already questioning me and you know what I don’t care. I was dating a girl for 5 months and she surprised me with a game cube. Which had all the games I would want to play. I was shocked. Great gift from my now bride.
Given:
1) North Face Fleece, pasta bowls. I went over our limit but I am glad I did because that was the year she got me the game cube.
2) Jeans. Bought a friend some nice jeans. Good surprise and good gift.
3) Gift card. One time I got to give someone a $100 gift card.
4) Once for a white elephant gift I gave bubbles that I had left over from a wedding. FYI they were in a Moe’s cup. All the gifts that day were nice so when the lady go the cup she thought it was a gift card, so when se got the bubbles she was PISSED. I laughed so hard I cried.
5) One year I surprised Camille with a new Baby G-Shock watch.

Moral of this blog….Man its hard to remember all that you give and get for Christmas. Doesn’t that say something? Gifts are not what Christmas is about.

No comments: