Sunday, October 29, 2006

thoughts for today

So it has been a while since I have written, which means the few people that read this have stopped. But I will write any way.

I am now the parent of a 6 month old. That is CRAZY and I wanted to share a bit about what I am learning.
1) I am worse off than I ever thought I was. I mean, I think I thought there was large amount of good in me to make me/help me do good. I see that is a load. I am evil. But Jesus is hope for me.
2) I am not a capable worship leader. I am not a good enough vocalist or guitarist or leader. But Jesus gives me hope.
3) I am a selfish husband and father. But Jesus provides me with hope.

So yeah my main lesson is that Jesus gives me hope. I have many issues and given a choice I don’t choose what is good and right. I am thankful that Jesus is my good.
Ps. 103 1-5
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless his holy name!
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

My prayer is that we would all find Jesus as the one who satisfies us with good.

2 comments:

Jim said...

i read this at first and thought, "man, aaron being really hard on himself," but then i thought of how true those statements are. and by the way that psalms verse you used was something i needed. thanks bro!

p.s. i need me some aaron!

Jim again said...

not saying you suck at everything (after i read my comment i thought of how jerky that could have been read) just saying i understand because i think that time a lot.