Monday, October 02, 2006

So I have a lot to say.

I don’t really have time to write about all that is going through my mind rights now, but I thought I would give an outline of things to come:
1) I learned a lot about the emergent and emerging church movement this past weekend. That would include people like Rob Bell and Brian D. McLaren. I have seen how off the mark they are in some of their beliefs.
2) I feel like I see more clearly why Christ came and died.
3) 9 non negotiables. this video sets this up click here
4) We don’t want to go to heaven to be saved, but see his glory, which puts Christ at the center of everything.
5) Jesus wants us to enjoy God like he does.
6) For Levi: my goal is to show him how Jesus made him and that Jesus is supreme over all. Levi has gifts and should steward all of his gifts for Christ to be supreme in all he Does.
7) I am now a twins fan.

I had a great time with Matt Adair and Matthew Vestal at our MLB games. And I could not have asked more from the Desiring God conference. I missed my bride and my boy more than I can write and I am glad to be home. I would also like to go hang out at Brits tonight and cheer for the Twins, BUT there is no place like home.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

I'd be interested in hearing what was said about Rob Bell.

Aaron said...

Listen to the talk here, her talks about Bell and McLaren
http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/RecentlyAdded/1833_The_Supremacy_of_Christ_and_the_Church_in_a_Postmodern_World/