Monday, September 11, 2006

Living behind bars




Yesterday I drove by a prison. I had driven past this prison 10 times before this time but this time it was different. All of the inmates were outside for Rec. time. There were walking around the track, playing basketball, playing volleyball and sitting on benches. As I drove by I was caught by the thought that thousands of people drive by that prison everyday and see prisoners fenced in. I also noticed that it seemed like the prisoners didn’t even realize that cars were driving by. It was almost as if they were on a deserted island and there was not hope to ever leave.
I think that’s how we live. I think we see that life sucks, people hurt us and we think it has to stay that way things are. We think we are in our own prison. We are not in chains anymore. The love of Christ is rich and free. Why don’t we LIVE?
Just live.

No comments: